Pages

Followers

Friday, November 5, 2021

My future dream career

This is my junior year pursuing my degree in science. My official degree is bachelor degree in pharmacology/ toxicology. In the future, I would like to do research with the help of my degree. It seems very interesting to be able to manipulate genes in plants to create more sustainable and tolerant food crops to feed the world. Recently I learned a bit about Norman Borlaug. He bred certain types of wheat to create a short stemmed class of wheat that helped agriculture tremendously. It seems amazing to me how one scientist can help the farmers of this world without being a farmer himself. I have a great amount of respect for the farmers who put food on our tables and would love to help them feed the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networking

Networking has been a hard one for me, truth be told. I knew and expected to speak to strangers once I started working but did not realize h...